So why is filing reports or inquiries in the right category important?
Picking the right category ensures the right staff DA Admins are reviewing your ticket as soon as possible. Filing a ticket in the incorrect category requires that we escalate it to the correct team for review and this can potentially add time to the wait for a response. Take a quick look through the categories and pick the best one for your ticket. If you're still unsure, fear not! We'll go over the categories together.
Alrighty then! So what are these categories?
This category is used when you have questions regarding deviantART's official rules. It's also the best category to place any questions or concerns about any administrative actions taken on your deviations.
- "Hi deviantART staff! Does deviantART own the work I submit to my gallery?"
- "Hello, can you tell me why my deviation titled 'KagomexInuyasha' was removed?"
what an Abuse Report is here. A quick recap would be that this category is for reporting unacceptable behavior you might believe to be in violation of DA policies concerning etiquette. Deviations should always be reported using the "report deviation" button to ensure it's being sent to the correct staffers for review.
- "Hi. I blocked xxso-n-soxx and they created a new account to contact me again. Here's where they contacted me the first time and then with the new account. [link]"
DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice
Copyright owners or their legal representatives should use this category to contact DA Admins for official claims of copyright infringement. Please keep in mind that this category is ONLY for the copyright owners or their reps. DA staff cannot assist uninvolved 3rd party reports in this category.
- "This deviant [link] is posting my work without my permission. What information do you need to have it removed?"
Account Ban Appeal
- "My account xxso-n-soxx was banned. Can you tell me why and if I can have my account back?"
This category is just for reports about spamming behavior you might see or experience here on dA! If you're not sure what we define as "spamming" please see this FAQ on it here.[link]
- "This person 'xxso-n-soxx' was spamming the same link to offsite pornography over and over again on today's DDs. Here's a few links..."